What’s in our glasses? We enjoyed some fine wine lately, and subsequently posted about these great bottles on social media. However, in case you missed our posts, you can catch up here. In addition, we would love it if you would follow Write for Wine on Instagram and Facebook.
Read on to find out what’s been in our glasses!
What’s in Our Glasses Lately?
In the last few months, our wine picks comprised of stellar sparklers, whites and reds from Washington state, British Columbia, South Africa and New Zealand. Specifically, the sparklers are from BC and WA, while the whites also include bottles from South Africa and New Zealand. Meanwhile, all reds are Syrah or Syrah blends from WA. Some of these were wallet-friendly, while others were for special occasions. Above all, we embraced every single pour.
Here are the excellent wines that we sipped (listed in alphabetical order).
Sparkling Wine in Our Glasses
Three BC sparklers and two from Washington graced our glasses recently.
- Quill Rosé Frizzante 2022
- SoDoSecco Sparkling Chardonnay
- Treveri Cellars Chenin Blanc Sparkling 2021
- Unsworth Charme de L’ille
- Venturi-Schulze Brut 2016
We poured two whites from Washington state, along with one each from BC, South Africa and New Zealand.
- Blue Grouse Ortega 2022
- Craggy Range Te Muna Sauvignon Blanc 2022
- L’Ecole Luminesce Sémillon-Sauvignon Blanc 2022
- MAN Family Chenin Blanc 2022
- Matthews Columbia Valley Reserve Sauvignon Blanc 2022
Five reds enticed us recently, all from Washington state, and all included Syrah.
- DeLille Cellars Red Willow Syrah 2022
- Devison Vintners Crow’s Feet Syrah 2018
- La Rata Grenache-Cabernet Sauvignon-Syrah 2017
- Saviah Cellars Hunt and Gather Cabernet Sauvignon-Syrah 2017
- Two Vintners Some Days Are Stones Rocks Syrah 2019
Summary: What’s in Our Glasses?
We purchased some of the wines listed above, while we tasted others at events or wineries, and a few were samples. We recommend all of them — to feature on your holiday table or while entertaining at home, to take to a party, or to give as a gift.
Margot and Dave