We enjoyed some fine wine lately, and in case you missed our social media posts about these great bottles, you can catch up here. But we would love it if you would also follow Write for Wine on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Read on to find out what’s been in our glasses lately!
Recent White Wines
Two whites from Washington state graced our glasses recently, along with three from Rueda, Spain and one from New Zealand.
- DeLille Cellars 2016 Chaleur Blanc, Washington
- Lauren Ashton Cellars 2017 Chenin Blanc, Washington
- Greywacke 2016 Sauvignon Blanc, New Zealand
- Marques de Riscal 2018 Verdejo, Rueda, Spain
- Menade 2016 Verdejo, Rueda, Spain
- Shaya Bodegas 2017 Verdejo, Rueda, Spain
Recent Red Wines
Numerous reds enticed us recently — seven from Washington state, one from British Columbia and one from New Zealand.
- Reynvaan 2013 Stone Essence Syrah, Washington
- Boudreaux Cellars 2008 and 2013 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Washington
- Columbia Crest 2014 Walter Clore Private Reserve blend, Washington
- Upchurch Vineyards 2014 Red Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon, Washington
- Black Hills Estate 2008 Nota Bene, B.C.
- Hard Row to Hoe 2016 Burning Desire, Washington
- Greywacke 2016 Pinot Noir, New Zealand
- Saviah Cellars 2015 Syrah, Washington
We purchased some of the wines listed above, while friends kindly shared others, and a few were winery samples. We recommend all of them — to grace your holiday table or entertaining at home, to take to a holiday party or to give as a git.
Margot and Dave