Whether you spend Valentine’s Day 2023 with your spouse, partner, family or good friends, it’s a wonderful time to enjoy red wine and chocolates. Or white wine, rosé or sparkling wine. Certainly, some people prefer to celebrate love and friendship every day – and why not? Regardless of your choice, here is our list of 15 recommendations for Valentine’s Day Wines — from Washington, Oregon, British Columbia, California, Spain, South Africa, Italy and Chile. Prices range from $21-$150.
Valentine’s Day 2023
Above all, we recommend these 15 Valentine’s Day wines (in alphabetical order). First, some are delicious wines with sexy names appropriate for the holiday, while others are simply luscious. Second, some of them are special occasion wines at a high price point. Meanwhile, others are excellent value wines that are special. However, some of these vintages are no longer available. But you should be able to find recent releases instead.
- Alexandria Nicole Cellars NV Adulting Sparkling White (Washington)
- Blue Grouse Rosé Frizzante 2021 (British Columbia)
- Boekenhoutskloof 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Franschhoek (South Africa)
- CheckMate Artisanal Winery 2016 Little Pond Chardonnay (British Columbia)
- Clif Family 2019 Cold Springs Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (California)
- Devison Vintners 2019 East of the Sun Rosé (Washington)
- Hard Row to Hoe 2022 Nauti Buoy® (Washington)
- Ottella 2021 Lugana DOC (Italy)
- Santiago Ruiz 2021 Albariño (Spain)
- Tinhorn Creek 2018 Blanc de Blanc (British Columbia)
- Trothe 2020 Syrah (Washington)
- Two Vintners 2019 Alice (Washington)
- Utopia Estate 2016 Reserve Pinot Noir Paradise (Oregon)
- Va Piano 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Rosebud (Washington)
- Viña San Pedro 2017 Cabo de Hornos (Chile)
In conclusion, we recommend these 15 bottles of Valentine’s Day Wines on Feb. 14, or whenever you feel like celebrating love and friendship. Likewise, you can enjoy these wines any day of the year. Most importantly, some of these wines have more recent vintages available.
We hope you will try some of these Valentine’s Day wines.
Meanwhile, find us here at Write for Wine and on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Cheers, and Happy Valentine’s Day!
Margot and Dave