Thanksgiving is only three days away, and we’re trying to decide what wines to pour. Do you know yet? Perhaps you’re looking for a good pairing for your turkey feast, or a special bottle to take to a family dinner or an evening with good friends.
Some people prefer whites such as Sauvignon Blanc or Riesling; others would rather sip on reds. Some pair well with turkey or sides, and others are best at parties. There is no right or wrong!
Here are some special-occasion red wines that we recently tasted and consider the Top 10 for our Thanksgiving festivities. They were crafted in Washington state, Oregon, California, British Columbia and New Zealand, with prices ranging from $30-$60.
- TOIL Oregon 2015 Pinot Noir ($50)
- Saviah Cellars The Funk Estate Syrah ($60)
- Saviah Cellars The Stones Speak Syrah ($55)
- Quails’ Gate 2015 Old Vines Foch Reserve ($47 CAD)
- Panther Creek 2014 Schindler Vineyard Pinot Noir ($50)
- Craggy Range 2015 Te Muna Road Vineyard Pinot Noir ($46)
- Result of a Crush 2015 Red Wine ($30)
- Giant Head Estate Winery 2015 Pinot Noir ($40 CAD)
- Mercer Estates 2014 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon ($42)
- Noble Ridge 2015 Reserve Meritage ($35 CAD)
Happy Thanksgiving! And many thanks for reading this blog over the last ten years.
Margot and Dave