The holidays are just around the corner. Are you trying to decide which Thanksgiving 2023 wines to pour? Perhaps you’re looking for a good pairing for your turkey feast or, on the other hand, a special bottle to take to a family dinner or an evening with good friends. If you love red wine, for example, some good bets are Pinot Noir, Syrah and Merlot. But if you prefer whites, Sauvignon Blanc, Chenin Blanc, Albariño, and Chardonnay work well. Similarly, Sparkling wines and Rosé are also good options. Above all, there is no right or wrong! Read on for our suggestions.
Thanksgiving 2023 Wines: Samples
First, we would like to highlight four samples from Vineyard Brands, which compliment many courses in a Thanksgiving feast. Two sparklers and a Bordeaux Blanc cost less than $15. Meanwhile, a smooth après dinner tawny port runs $34. Overall, these wines pair well with turkey or sides, or as an apéritif or digestif. Others are best at parties. Likewise, you can wrap one up and give it as a dinner gift.
La Vieille Ferme Sparkling Blanc & Sparkling Rosé NV ($14.99)
We have been fans of La Vieille Ferme for years, and what better way to start Thanksgiving festivities than with one of their sparklers? Pour either of these when guests arrive, or with savory sides, or creamy desserts. Or save them for another occasion or party present. Sparkling Blanc brings delicate Chardonnay bubbles with peach flavors and minerality. Sparkling Rosé blends 40% Grenache Noir, 40% Cinsault and 20% Pinot Noir. These bubbles offer more peach flavors with hints of raspberries and strawberries.
Domaines Comtesse de Malet Roquefort 2021 Bordeaux Blanc ($14)
What an elegant wine, which drinks well above its price point. This crisp, bright blend of 80% Sauvignon Blanc and 20% Sémillon creates smiles with grapefruit and other citrus notes, wet stone, and so much minerality. We adored it. The Famille de Malet Roquefort located in Saint-Émilion in Bordeaux in 1705, and owns several vineyards, including the Chateau La Gaffelière, known for its first growth. This wine will be perfect with Thanksgiving side dishes, or any time of year as an apéritif.
Warre’s Otima 10-Year-Old Tawny Port (34)
Otima 10-year-old Tawny Port features fresh fruit flavors and elegance from 10 years in seasoned wood. As a result, we found a balance of fruit and wood-aging flavors. This tawny port is rich, smooth and layered, with notes of caramel and toffee, dried fruits, plums, spices and honey. Yet it’s a lighter style of port. Serve slightly chilled or at room temperature. It is superb with cheese, nuts or dried fruit after a meal or on its own. Founded in 1670, Warre’s is the first and oldest British port company established in Portugal.
Thanksgiving 2023 Wines: Reds, Whites and Sparklers
Next, we offer a list of 20 wallet-friendly wines and special-occasion wines from Washington state (6), British Columbia (5), Oregon (3), Montana (1), South Africa (2), Italy (2) and Spain (1). Further, these Thanksgiving 2023 wines range in price from $12-$85.
However, some of these vintages might not still be available. Consequently, please check wineries for the latest releases. Here they are, in alphabetical order.
- Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2019 Quarry Butte (Washington)
- Blue Grouse 2022 Ortega (British Columbia)
- Boekenhoutskloof 2019 Franschhoek Cabernet Sauvignon (South Africa)
- Domaine Serene 2017 Evenstad Reserve Pinot Noir (Oregon)
- Gradis’Ciutta 2021 Collio Ribolla Gialla (Italy)
- JM Cellars 2021 Concrete Chardonnay (Washington)
- L’Ecole 41 2022 Luminesce, Estate Seven Hills Vineyard (Washington)
- Lenné Estate Vineyard 2018 cinq elus Pinot Noir (Oregon)
- MAN Family 2020 Chenin Blanc (South Africa)
- Marques de Caceres Cava Brut (Spain)
- San Felice 2020 Bell’Aja Bolgheri DOC Superiore (Italy)
- Saviah Cellars 2017 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Walla Walla Valley (Washington)
- Stag’s Hollow 2022 Albariño (British Columbia)
- Tantalus 2019 Blanc de Blancs (British Columbia)
- Treveri Cellars 2021 Chenin Blanc Sparkling Wine (Washington)
- Two Vintners 2020 Alice (Washington)
- Unsworth Vineyards NV Charme de L’Ile Sparkling Wine (British Columbia)
- Utopia 2016 Estate Reserve Paradise Pinot Noir (Oregon)
- Vanessa Vineyards 2012 Syrah (British Columbia)
- Yellowstone Cellars 2022 Chenin Blanc (Montana)
Summary: Wines for Thanksgiving
In conclusion, we would be pleased to have any one of these Thanksgiving 2023 wines grace our table.
Above all, we wish you and your family a happy Thanksgiving! And we give our thanks to you for reading this website over the last 16+ years.
In addition, thank you, Vineyard Brands, for the four highlighted samples.
Margot and Dave