The holidays are just around the corner, and as a result, we’re trying to decide which Thanksgiving 2022 wines to pour. Do you know yet? Perhaps you’re looking for a good pairing for your turkey feast or, on the other hand, a special bottle to take to a family dinner or an evening with good friends. If you love red wine, for example, some good bets are Pinot Noir, Syrah, Malbec, Zinfandel and Merlot. But if you prefer whites, Sauvignon Blanc, Chenin Blanc, Pecorino, Albariño, Marsanne and Chardonnay work well. Likewise, Rosé is also a good option. Overall, some wines pair well with turkey or sides, and others are best at parties. Above all, there is no right or wrong! Similarly, here are 25 wines that we recently tasted or are in our cellar, which we are considering for our Thanksgiving festivities.
Thanksgiving 2022 Wines: Reds, Whites and Rosé
First, this list includes 25 wallet-friendly wines and special-occasion wines from Washington state, British Columbia, Oregon, California, South Africa, France, Italy and Spain. Further, these Thanksgiving 2022 wines range in price from $17-$190.
However, some of these vintages might not still be available. Consequently, please check wineries for the latest releases.
Here they are, in alphabetical order.
- Alexandria Nicole Cellars NV Adulting Sparkling White (Washington)
- Big Table Farm 2019 Wild Bee Chardonnay (Oregon)
- Blue Grouse 2019 Quill Q White Blend (British Columbia)
- Canvasback 2019 Red Mountain Syrah (Washington)
- Chateau Miraval 2020 Côtes du Provence Rosé (France)
- CheckMate Artisanal Winery 2019 Silent Bishop Merlot (British Columbia)
- Clif Family 2019 Estate Zinfandel (California)
- Damsel Cellars 2021 Marsanne (Washington)
- Devison Vintners 2020 Evergreen Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc (Washington)
- Domaine Serene 2016 Evenstad Reserve Chardonnay (Oregon)
- Hard Row to Hoe 2016 Pinot Noir (Washington)
- JM Cellars 2021 Pinot Noir Amphora (Washington)
- Lauren Ashton Cellars 2021 Rosé (Washington)
- MAN Family 2020 Chenin Blanc (South Africa)
- Marqués de Cáceres 2021 Rias Baixas Deusa Nai Albariño 2021 (Spain)
- Mulderbosch Vineyards 2020 Rosé (South Africa)
- San Felice 2018 Vigorello (Italy)
- Saviah Cellars 2017 The Funk Estate Syrah (Washington)
- Sleight of Hand 2018 Psychedelic Syrah (Washington)
- Trothe 2019 Limited Malbec (Washington)
- Two Vintners 2019 Some Days Are Stones (Washington)
- Umani Ronchi 2020 Terre di Chieti Vellodoro Pecorino (Italy)
- Utopia 2016 Estate Reserve Paradise Pinot Noir (Oregon)
- Va Piano 2013 Syrah Black Label Reserve Lewis Vineyard (Washington)
- Vanessa Vineyards 2012 Syrah (British Columbia)
Summary: Wines for Thanksgiving
In conclusion, we would be pleased to have any one of these Thanksgiving 2022 wines grace our table. Above all, we wish you and your family a happy Thanksgiving! And we give our thanks to you for reading this blog over the last 15+ years.
Meanwhile, find us here at Write for Wine and on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Margot and Dave