We’ve had the pleasure of enjoying many, many wonderful Washington wines lately – and in a less-busy world, I would write separate posts about each of them. Unfortunately, busy is my middle name these days.
So here is a list (in alphabetical order) of Washington wines that we’ve celebrated in the last couple of months, and recommend — plus three of our Napa Valley and Sonoma faves too!
- Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2008 Destiny Bordeaux Blend
- Betz Family Winery 2007 Pere de Famille Cabernet Sauvignon
- EFESTE 2006 Jolie Bouche Syrah
- Fidelitas 2005 Walla Walla Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Fielding Hills 2005 Cabernet Franc
- Fielding Hills 2007 Cabernet Franc
- Forgeron Cellars 2006 Zinfandel
- Gård Vintners 2007 “Twenty Six” Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve
- Gilbert Cellars 2007 Estate Malbec
- Goosecross Cellars 2005 Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley)
- L’Ecole 41 2001 Walla Walla Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Michel-Schlumberger 2008 Cochons Sauvages Zinfandel (Sonoma)
- Ross Andrew 2006 Syrah-Cab Blend
- The Woodhouse Wine Estates 2005 Darighe Bordeaux Blend
- Titus Vineyards 2007 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley)
- Va Piano 2008 Walla Walla Valley Estate Merlot
- William Church 2008 Two Spires Syrah-Cab Blend
Wait – there’s more! For my list of favorite wines at Taste Washington, see my post in Seattleite Magazine.