Good wine over the holidays helps to make the season fabulous. Here is the list of special wines that we started to open and share over the Thanksgiving holiday and will continue to do so through New Year’s day — either pouring them for guests, taking to parties or enjoying at home.
Some of these wines are special because of their high quality and high price point. Others are simply special good-value wines enjoy in our home throughout the year.
They are listed in alphabetical order:
- Alexandria Nicole Cellars Destiny 2012
- Avennia Sestina 2012
- Barrage Cellars Double Barrel 2008
- Columbia Crest H3 Cabernet Sauvignon 2013
- Double Canyon Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon 2012
- Efeste Big Papa 2012
- Fidelitas Red Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon 2012
- Force Majeure Red Mountain Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2011
- Forgeron Cellars Zinfandel 2012
- Giant Wine Company The Ghost of 413 2010
- Gorman Winery The Albatross 2012
- Guardian Cellars The Wanted 2012
- Hope Family Wines Treana Red 2012
- Mercer Estates Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2011
- Mollydooker Carnival of Love 2012
- Obelisco Electrum 2012
- Passing Time Cabernet Sauvignon 2012
- Reynvaan In the Rocks Syrah 2012
- Silver Oak Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2010
- Walla Walla Vintners Cabernet Sauvignon 2012
- William Church Cabernet Sauvignon 2012
- The Woodhouse Wine Estates Darighe 2012
Of note, all but three of these wines are from the wonderful Washington state wine country.
Cheers – and happy holidays!
Margot and Dave