During the festive month of December, we enjoyed some stellar wines. While many of these bottles are for special occasions, sometimes any day might be special!
Here is the list – and kudos to all the Washington state wineries whose juice gave us a December to remember!
- Efeste 2010 Big Papa Cabernet Sauvignon
- William Church 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Cooper Estate 2012 Red Mountain Cabernet Franc
- Obelisco 2011 Red Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon
- Guardian Cellars 2010 The Wanted Bordeaux Blend
- Barrage Cellars 2009 Double Barrel Cabernet Sauvignon
- Barrage Cellars 2010 Outcast Cabernet Franc
- Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2011 Destiny Bordeaux Blend
- Fairview Cellars 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon, Okanagan Valley VQA
- Columbia Crest 2011 Private Reserve Walter Clore Red Wine
And from our friends down under, we opened two bottles that we brought home from our visit in May.
- d’Arenberg 2009 The Galvo Garage Bordeaux Blend, McLaren Vale, Australia
- Craggy Range 2013 Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand
It was indeed a December to remember, capping off a year of several visits to wine countries in the U.S., Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
Cheers and Happy New Year to all our family, friends and readers! We hope you have a healthy, happy, safe and prosperous 2015.
Margot and Dave