Washington wine month ends March 31 and now, more than ever, our state wineries need our support. All over the state, wineries shut down their tasting rooms and are taking special measures to deal with COVID-19 Coronavirus.
Most importantly, they appreciate our purchases of their wine. Many still offer online sales. Some provide curbside pickup. Check your favorite wineries directly for details. Meanwhile, here is the list of Washington wines that have been in our glasses lately, to celebrate Washington wine month. However, it’s also important to note that we applaud Washington wine every month of every year.
What’s in Our Glasses Lately?
In March (so far), our Washington wine picks include whites, rosé and reds. For example, we opened every-day, good-value wines and special occasion treats. And we enjoyed every single pour.
- Succession 2018 Rosé, fresh, light and uplifting during self-isolation
- Long Shadows 2018 Cymbal Sauvignon Blanc, an elegant new white release
- DeLille Cellars 2018 Chaleur Blanc, one of our favorite WA whites
- Tildio 2018 Sauvignon Blanc, a refreshing sip from Lake Chelan
- Long Shadows 2015 Pirouette, an old-world style lush red blend
- Hard Row to Hoe 2016 Syrah, an elegant, savory Lake Chelan beauty
- Saviah Cellars 2015 Syrah, a beautiful Walla Walla red
- JM Cellars 2017 Syrah, a favorite in Woodinville for years
- Covington Cellars 2014 Rough House Red, an excellent-value blend from Morgan Lee
- Involuntary Commitment 2016, a wonderful second label wine from Andrew Will
- Derivative 2016 Market Vineyards, a great-value red from Columbia Valley
In addition, we purchased two Kevin White bottles this month — 2017 Heritage and 2018 Red. We haven’t opened them yet, but encourage you to also buy local wine during these difficult times!
In conclusion, we lift our glasses at home to support the wonderful winemakers in our state, the vineyard workers, the tasting room staff and the amazing Washington wines we enjoy. Please join us from your home!
Happy Washington Wine Month! Stay safe!
Margot and Dave