More than 200 wines from Washington, Oregon, California and international regions were judged by a panel of experts who tasted and reviewed the wines under blind conditions, not knowing the producers, region of origin or prices.
Of the 204 wines submitted, 130 were awarded gold, silver and bronze medals. Top honors went to:
- Best of Show: Piper Heidsieck Brut, NV Champagne
- Best Red Wine: Garnet Pinot Noir 2013, Monterey County, California
- Best White Wine: Chateau Ste. Michelle Eroica Riesling 2014, Columbia Valley, Washington
- Best of Class:
- Ambassador Wines of Washington Estate Envoy 2012, Red Mountain, Washington
- Arbor Crest Cellars Dionysus Meritage 2012, Columbia Valley, Washington
- Bogle Vineyards Merlot 2013, California
- Serra Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon 2012, Applegate Valley, Oregon
- Terra Blanca Winery & Vineyards Signature series Block 8 Syrah 2010, Red Mountain, Washington
- Wilridge Winery Malbec 2013, Yakima Valley, Washington
A full list of awards can be viewed at Seattle Wine and Food Experience. This year’s judges’ panel, led by northwest-based wine journalists Andy Perdue and Eric Degerman, were Doug Charles, Lane Hoss, Rebecca Murphy, Chris Nishiwaki, Tim O’Brien, April Reddout, Yashar Shayan, Dawn Smith and Mark Takagi. You can read more about the judges and their credentials at Seattle Wine and Food Experience.
Congratulations to all the winners!
Margot and Dave