Despite the cloudy, rainy days of early spring, summer must be around the corner because tickets go on sale March 31 for Chateau Ste. Michelle‘s 34th Summer Concert Series.
A concert at the oldest winery in the state pairs music with award-winning wine and beautiful surroundings — and the result is a special experience.
Think about it: a lazy summer day or evening, kicking back on the manicured lawns of Chateau Ste. Michelle with a peacock or two sauntering by, as you sip on a refreshing summer wine, nibble on tasty munchies from your picnic basket, and listen to some amazing music. Ah, summer! Can’t wait!
Whether you prefer white, rosé or red wine, this concert calendar is something to cheer about. The 2018 series hosts 24 concerts spanning the range of pop, jazz, rock and blues in the winery’s picturesque outdoor amphitheatre with seating for 4,300. The series kicks off on June 10 with a concert by Jethro Tull and ends on Sept. 15 with Lyle Lovett.
Please note – tickets sell quickly for this incredible summer experience, so act soon. We have seen so many concerts over the years, including John Legend, Bob Dylan, Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Browne, Berlin and Joan Jett.
The 2018 lineup includes:
- Ian Anderson / Jethro Tull
- Live from Here with Chris Thile
- Chris Isaak
- Michael Franti & Spearhead, John Butler Trio (2 nights)
- Woodinville Bluegrass Classic with Bela Fleck & The Flecktones, Del McCoury Band, The Jerry Douglas Band
- John Fogerty
- Sheryl Crow (2 nights)
- Jackson Browne (2 nights)
- Wine Country Blues Festival with Taj Mahal & Keb’Mo’Band, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, John “Greyhound” Maxwell
- ZZ Top Tonnage Tour
- Chateau Ste. Michelle Festival of Jazz with Chris Botti, Morgan James, Sarah Nemietz & Snuffy Walden, Tuck and Patti
- The Gipsy Kings
- Ben Harper & Charlie Musselwhite
- Steve Miller Band & Peter Frampton (2 nights)
- Rodrigo y Gabriela
- The Mavericks and Los Lobos
- Lake Street Dive
- Australian Pink Floyd
- Lyle Lovett & his Large Band.
And there’s more — net proceeds from the annual concert series help fund Chateau Ste. Michelle’s charitable contributions program, which supports a broad range of non-profit organizations.
Have questions? No problem, there soon will be an FAQ to help out.
So get your wine on and check it out.
Margot and Dave