We had a limited amount of time to visit wineries in Woodinville this past weekend before heading to a Jackson Browne concert, part of Chateau Ste. Michelle Summer Concert Series.
We knew we wanted some classic Washington state Cabernet Sauvignon, and we knew we only had a couple of hours to taste. So we found the most recent vintages of three of our favorite Cabs and one Cab-based blend. And we tasted one new Cab that will be released in the near future.
Here is the list:
- 2011 Efeste Big Papa Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2012 Guardian The Wanted Cab-based blend (38% Cab Sauv, 38% Cab Franc, 24% Merlot)
- 2012 William Church Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2011 Obelisco Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2012 Fidelitas Red Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon
All five wines are big, bold and beautiful – it will be a tough choice to decide which one to pair with a big juicy BBQ steak.
We also recently stocked up on our favorite wine to pair with Seahawks football – 2012 Alexandria Nicole Cellars Quarry Butte (52% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Merlot, 12% Cabernet Franc, 8% Syrah, 6% Malbec, 2% Petit Verdot).
And by the way, the Jackson Browne concert was fantastic, and paired well with 2012 Chateau Ste. Michelle Cabernet Sauvignon.
Margot and Dave