In 2021, our Spirits adventure began with Amaro, and ended with a Pineau des Charentes cocktail at a Cognac tasting. Meanwhile, we also tasted American Whiskey, Japanese Whisky, Bourbon, Rum and more with our booze group. In addition, we imbibed in many margaritas. Further, we discovered Washington’s Snowy River Cocktails in Bellingham and Blue Spirits Distilling in Leavenworth. As a result, we compiled this inaugural list of 40 Favorite Spirits in 2021. Moreover, our list includes our favorite cocktails too. Cheers!
Write for Wine’s Favorite Spirits in 2021
In 2020, we formed a small “booze group” with our COVID pod for new tasting experiences. Subsequently, our adventures continued into 2021.
First, we tasted standard alcohol such as Whiskey, Bourbon, Gin, Tequila, Rum and Cognac. Sometimes, we poured them on the rocks. Other times, we mixed a flavorful cocktail. Next, we also tasted apéritifs and digestifs such as Amaro, Ouzo and Port. Yes, Port, a wine with a fortification spirit, counts.
Our Favorite Spirits in 2021 list ranges from Amaro to Pineau des Charentes, and from Japanese to American Whiskey. Likewise, we named our favorite cocktails. So, let’s get to it, shall we?
Favorite Spirits: Amaro and Ouzo (in alphabetical order)
- Amaro Amorino, Letterpress Distilling, WA
- Black Note Amaro
- Meletti Amaro
- Montenegro Amaro
- Ramazzotti Amaro
- Metaxa Ouzo
- Ouzo 12
Favorite Spirits: Cognac and Rum (in alphabetical order)
- Bas Armagnac Laubade
- Camus Grand VSOP Cognac
- Hine Rare VSOP Cognac
- XO Cognac
- Diplomatic Rum Reserva Exclusiva
- Joel Richard Esencia 25 Year
- Zacapa XO Cenenario
Favorite Spirits: Port (in alphabetical order)
- Delaforce 1994 Vintage Porto
- Dow’s 20-year-old Tawny Port
- Dow’s Late Bottled Vintage Port
- Warre’s Fine White Porto
- Warre’s Warrior Porto
Favorite Spirits: Whiskey (in alphabetical order)
- Blue Spirits Cherry Bourbon Whisky (American)
- Climax Whiskey Wood-fired (American)
- Crown Royal Whiskey (Canadian)
- Dry Fly Straight Wheat Whiskey (American)
- Glenlivet Scotch Whiskey
- Ichiro Malt and Grain Whisky (Japanese)
- Jameson Irish Whiskey
- Kamiki Sakura Wood Whisky (Japanese)
- Rabbit Hole Cavehill Bourbon Whiskey (American)
- Skrewball Whiskey (American)
Favorite Cocktails (in alphabetical order)
- Berry Berry Drop (Vodka)
- Caesar (Vodka)
- Corpse Reviver (Gin)
- Jungle Bird (Rum)
- Margarita (Tequila)
- Martinelle (Pineau des Charentes)
- Mountainside (Japanese Whisky)
- Negroni (Gin)
- Paper Plane (Amaro)
- Seven and Seven (Whiskey)
- Yas Queen (Gin)
In conclusion, our list of Favorite Spirits in 2021 consists of a wide-range of spirits, apéritifs, digestifs and cocktails. Certainly, our tasting list expanded in 2021. Similarly, we look forward to pouring even more spirts and mixing more cocktails this year.
Above all, we hope you stay safe and have a healthy 2022.
Happy New Year!
Margot and Dave
Write for Wine — it’s Wine O’clock Somewhere!