The 21st annual Taste Washington is March 22-25 in Seattle — the country’s largest single-region wine and food extravaganza. We go every year and always look forward to the explosion of tastes, fun and education during the four-day event.
This year, Taste Washington features more than 230 wineries, 65 restaurants and some of the nation’s top chefs. Although both days of the Grand Tasting are sold out, there are lots of other events still available. Continue reading for details, and check out “Featured Events” on the Taste Washington website to buy tickets for these diverse activities:
- The VIP Red & White Party at AQUA by El Gaucho offers exclusive pours and exquisite bites on Thursday, March 22 on the Seattle waterfront. Twenty-one wineries will be pouring 91-point wines from their wine clubs. Guests are invited to arrive in style for this upscale evening in their best red-and-white attire.
- Taste Washington on the Farm on Friday, March 23 features a series of multiple, unique daytime excursions led by local chefs, farmers and Washington State winemakers. This year’s excursions out to the farms require travel by planes, ferries and cars.
- On Friday evening,The New Vintage event will feature celebrity chef tasting stations, more Washington State wines, and music at Fisher Pavilion at the Seattle Center Campus.
- Informative and fun wine seminars, which include tastings and interactive panels, will be held on Saturday, March 24 and Sunday, March 25 at the Four Seasons Seattle.
- The Taste & Savor Tour returns on Saturday, March 24, with tours being offered at 8 am and 9 am, when you can enjoy exclusive access to Pike Place Market.
- The Grand Tasting at CenturyLink Field Event Center will be held on both Saturday and Sunday, with 230 Washington wineries and 65 restaurants. However, as mentioned, it is sold out.
We hope to see you there!
Margot and Dave