Cheers and Happy New Year!
May your best day in 2013 be your worst day in 2014!
That’s my favorite new year’s toast ever, one I’ve shared with my dear friend Kathie in Ottawa for more than 20 years.
And it’s our new year’s wish to you! May your year be filled with good health and happiness, and yes, good wine!
We want to start 2014 with a shout out to our top five — no, make that six! — favorite wines that we enjoyed in 2013.
- Barrage Cellars 2008 Double Barrel Cabernet Sauvignon
- Efeste 2010 Big Papa Cabernet Sauvignon
- Fidelitas 2009 Ciel du Cheval Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Red Mountain
- Gorman 2009 The Albatross
- Obelisco 2010 Electrum Cabernet Sauvignon Red Mountain
- William Church 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon
Happy New Year from your friends at Write for Wine — It’s Wine O’Clock Somewhere!
Margot and Dave