Wines for ThanksgivingNovember 16, 2013 9:08 am Cab Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Carlton Wine Country, Petit Verdot, Petite Sirah, Syrah, Washington wineries, Wine, Zinfandel
Wondering what wines to share over the Thanksgiving holidays? A special bottle to take to a family dinner or an evening with good friends? Here is our list of current favorite red wines of different vintages.
But first, a note: We strongly believe that people should drink whatever varieties of wine they want, red or white. Our preference for Thanksgiving happens to be robust red wines – some with a bit of funk, such as 2009 Reynvaan In the Rocks Syrah, and some that are rich and smooth, such as 2009 Doubleback Cabernet Sauvignon.
In addition to those two beauties, here are the wines (in alphabetical order) that we recommend for Thanksgiving – all are from Washington state unless otherwise noted as from Oregon.
- Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2010 Mr. Big Petite Sirah
- Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2010 Little Big Man Petit Verdot
- Avennia 2010 Sestina
- Barrage Cellars 2009 Outcast Cabernet Franc
- Barrage Cellars 2008 Double Barrel Cabernet Sauvignon
- Cooper Wine Company 2008 Red Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon
- Efeste 2010 Big Papa Cabernet Sauvignon
- Fidelitas 2009 Ciel du Cheval Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Red Mountain
- Fidelitas 2010 Ciel du Cheval Vineyard Cabernet Franc Red Mountain
- Force Majeure 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon Collaboration Series, Force Majeure Vineyard Red Mountain
- Forgeron Cellars 2010 Zinfandel
- Gorman 2009 The Albatross
- JM Cellars 2009 Margaret’s Vineyard Estate Red
- K&M Wine 2009 Cuvee (Oregon)
- L’Ecole 41 2010 Estate Cabernet Franc, Seven Hills Vineyard
- Long Shadows 2009 Feather Cabernet Sauvignon
- Mercer 2009 Columbia Valley Reserve
- Northwest Totem Cellars 2008 Qo-ne’
- Obelisco 2010 Electrum Cabernet Sauvignon Red Mountain
- Seven of Hearts Wine 2010 GSM (Oregon)
- Troon Vineyard 2010 Cabernet Franc Reserve (Oregon)
- Va Piano 2007 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- William Church 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon
- The Woodhouse Wine Estates 2006 Dussek Cabernet Sauvignon
- Woodward Canyon Estate 2010 “Artist Series” Cabernet Sauvignon
What’s on your list of Thanksgiving wines?