March is Washington Wine MonthMarch 3, 2013 11:28 am Cab Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Viognier, Walla Walla, Washington wineries, Wine, Woodinville
In our family, every month is Washington Wine Month, but the official celebration occurs in this state every March.
That’s when you will find great deals at wineries, wine shops, big grocery stores and many restaurants. For example, some promotions include discounts on full or half cases of Washington state wine, purchase discounts off any bottle or Washington wine or in-store free wine tastings.
For specifics, have a look at the Washington Wine Month Calendar.
As for us, we celebrate by telling anyone who will listen about the great juice Washington state wineries produce.
Whether you like big, bold reds (like us), crispy Sauvignon Blanc, rich Viognier or buttery Chardonnay, you can find the best right in your own backyard, so to speak, from Red Mountain, Yakima Valley, Tri-Cities, Walla Walla, Cascade Valley, Woodinville and many more.
We recently tasted these Washington wine gems:
- 2006 The Woodhouse Wine Estates Dussek Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2007 Long Shadows “Feather” Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2007 Va Piano Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2008 Cooper Red Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2008 Northwest Totem Cellars Cabernet Franc
- 2009 Efeste “Big Papa” Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2009 Forgeron Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2009 L’Ecole 41 Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2009 Fidelitas Cabernet Franc
- 2009 Barrage Cellars “Outcast” Cabernet Franc
- 2009 William Church Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2010 Alexandria Nicole Cellars “Wild One” Cabernet Franc
- 2010 Obelisco Electrum Cabernet
- 2010 Gilbert Cellars Cabernet Franc
Do you see a trend here? We heart Cabs!
And these are just some of the amazing wines you can find from Washington state. We encourage you to do so!
Happy Washington Wine Month!