We had an exceptional time at Taste of Tulalip, where we were guests of the Tulalip Resort. In the next couple of weeks, I plan to write a full blog post about our two days there – from the Celebratory dinner to the Magnum Party of elite wines and the Grand Tasting. Until then, here is a sample of some of my tweets live from Taste of Tulalip.
Friday Night Celebratory Dinner
- Starting with Long Shadow Poet’s Leap at #tasteoftulalip – just saw wonderful winemaker Gilles Nicault @TulalipResort
- First course, smoked kurobuta pork belly, Maple vanilla gastrique parsnip purse, fois head, bacon jam and more #tasteoftulalip
- Good to see Kevin and Rebecca @barragecellars, featured wine partner of #tasteoftulalip@TulalipResort
- Agree! RT @KathyCaseyChef: @WriteforWine Justin’s @vapianoestate Sauv Blanc is amazing
- A study of beef at #tasteoftulalip dinner. It’s all about the sauces @TulalipResort. Delish!
- This 21 Grams Red Blend is unique and amazing. #tasteoftulalip @TulalipResort & perfect w/ Kobe prime rib in baby boy blue sauce. Wow!
- 21 Grams Red Blend is my new fave blend-76% Cab Sauv, 14% Merlot, 10% Petit Verdot. Thank you Jamie Brown. #tasteoftulalip
- The celebratory dinner at #tasteoftulalip was flawless. What a fabulous event. Thank you @TulalipResort @aaa9
- Surprise opera entertainment from The Three Waiters! http://ow.ly/i/l7mw They had everyone at #TasteofTulalip cheering along. Hilarious!
Saturday Magnum Party
- Ahhh Chateau Margaux 1986 at Magnum party at #tasteoftulalip @TulalipResort#iaminheaven
- Heavenly wine tastes continues with @mollydooker Velvet Glove #tasteoftulalip I haven’t had VG since #WBC10!
- ZD Abacus wine, 12 years best of the barrels, so smooth, so good #tasteoftulalip Magnum party @TulalipResort
- Oh my, the hits just keep on coming! Opus at the Magnum party #tasteoftulalip@TulalipResort
- The Magnum party showcased an all-star line up from Chateau Margaux to Leonetti and more. #tasteoftulalip @TulalipResort
- My palate is in a happy place. Thank you @aaa9 @TulalipResort #tasteoftulalip
- Margaret’s Vineyard from @jmcellars is a most-excellent blend. John, you’ve done it again. #tasteoftulalip @TulalipResort
- Now tasting Sur La Mer Bordeaux blend @wmchurchwinery#tasteoftulalip love Rod’s wines
- 09 Evil Twin Syrah Cab blend is wickedly evil good @gormanwinery #tasteoftulalip @ TulalipResort
- If you’re at #tasteoftulalip, pair oxtail with Albatross Cab-Petit Verdot blend @gormanwinery. OMG. WTG Chris & amazing chefs @TulalipResort
- If you are looking for a beautiful getaway weekend near Seattle, check out @TulalipResort #tasteoftulalip
- Amazing 100% Cab Sauv from @corvuscellars. If you are at #tasteoftulalip stop by.
As you can see, there was an explosion of tastes and flavors at Taste of Tulalip. The resort is beautiful and the staff superb. Special thanks to Allan, Norma, Cheryl Kyle, Chef Perry Mascitti and his fabulous team, Sommelier Tommy Thompson, and Lisa Severn.
We will be back!