It doesn’t surprise us, considering the wonderful food, wine & hospitality experience we had there in May.
The resort’s superb reputation was underlined again last week at a tweetup, when its food and wine maestros — Chef Perry Mascitti and his fabulous team of chefs, and Sommelier Tommy Thompson — treated a few of us to a sneak peak of Taste of Tulalip.
Once more, we encountered an explosion of flavors and aromas — the food, wine and hospitality merged into a premium, five-star experience. We were also delighted to discover the well-deserved honor given to Barrage Cellars, which was named the official 2011 winery parter of Taste of Tulalip.
Don’t just take our word for why you should attend Taste of Tulalip – below are some of the tweets that were posted during our preview event. Read them, and then get your tickets – Nov. 11 & 12 – at the Tulalip website.
At Taste of Tulalip, you’ll find 65 Washington wineries, more than 20 from Napa and more than 20 Italian wineries, along with mouthwatering food and a Magnum party with exclusive tastes from world-renowned wineries.
These are the wines we sampled:
- 2002 Louis Roederer “Cristal” Champagne
- 2008 Domaine Leflaive Batard Montrachet Burgundy
- 2006 Leonetti Cellars Reserve red blend
- ZD Abacus Cabernet Sauvignon XII
Here is just a sample of tweets from our sneak preview of the scrumptious food and wine at Tulalip:
- TableTalkPeha Wow. @TulalipResort#tasteoftulalip pulling out all the stops tonight in preview. All Access Pass Nov 12 don’t miss it. http://yfrog.com/kj4gwtwj
- globereporter1 Cheese puffs being served now. The poppy seeds give them a nice finish. #tasteoftulalip
- TableTalkPeha#tasteoftulalip next up on menu. Sat all day VIP event is the way to go. Join the party you won’t be sorry. http://yfrog.com/nxdu1opj
- BlackPearlSEA Beautiful presentation of sample snacks to kick off the preview! http://ow.ly/i/j4jd#tasteoftulalip@TulalipResort
- nicoleevents If you are thinking hmmm #TasteofTulalip should I attend – well yes & the exquisite Wine is 1 BIG reason – carefully selected, hard to get!
- WriteforWine Wow, Domain Leflaive Batard Montrachet from Burgundy FR – big rich oaky dry white that packs a mouthful #tasteoftulalip
- tarynmiller How fun, for our event tonight, the @TulalipResort chefs are each at a different table to prepare and present a dish! #Tasteoftulalip
- WriteforWine Did I hear correctly? Chateau Margaux at #tasteoftulalip in November? Bring it!
- aaa9A @WriteforWine yes..at the Magnum Party hosted by Kathy Casey @#tasteoftulalip
- 604Foodtography Wagyu Beef… mmmm #TasteOfTulalip http://yfrog.com/nucfabfj
- victoriachemko And the finished product #TasteofTulalip: http://ow.ly/i/j4nS
- globereporter1 The richness of the bleu cheese and the lightness of the beets are an effective complement to the beef. #tasteoftulalip
- tarynmiller handmade chantrelle mushroom tortellini. Amazing presentation! #TasteOfTulaliphttp://yfrog.com/odfo6ahj
- wawinereport No one does seafood better than the folks at Tulalip. #tasteoftulaliphttp://lockerz.com/s/146631063
- BlackPearlSEA Innovative twist of a Crab Pot pie by chef David Buchanan..I wish I could convey how amazing this is #tasteoftulaliphttp://ow.ly/i/j4oN
- funtasticfoodie At the Taste of Tulalip sneak preview & the food & wine totally rock including 2006 Leonetti Reserve-YUM
- nicoleevents Chef Brent Clarkson is preparing Carmelized Scallops tableside #TasteofTulaliphttp://yfrog.com/nxlinvj
- WaTastingRoom Tasting 06 Leonetti Cellars “Reserve” Red paired perfectly with Rotisserie Lamb on Lavash Bread at #TasteofTulalip Preview @Tulalip Resort
- WriteforWine I love scallops and this is the best I’ve ever had – the vanilla bean champagne buerre blanc adds such a unique flavor. #tasteoftulalip
- TableTalkPeha Abacus Cab Sauv Napa only 200 cases made and my glass is full! You can taste it at #tasteoftulalip
- WriteforWine If you haven’t eaten at the restaurants @tulalipresort, what are you waiting for? #sliceofheaven#tasteoftulalip
- KSyrah An amazing plate of sushi at #Tasteoftulaliphttp://twitpic.com/6zhwsv
- BlackPearlSEA Nitrogen ice cream by chef Nikol Nakamura http://ow.ly/i/j4wl#tasteoftulalip
- tarynmiller Pistachio Nitrogen Ice Cream! #Tasteoftulaliphttp://yfrog.com/nx5yikj
- WaTastingRoom Tickets for this premier #Wawine and food event will sell out! Food alone worth the price of the ticket @TulalipResort. #TasteofTulalip
- WriteforWine Make sure you go to #tasteoftulalip in November. You will not be disappointed!
Are you convinced now? Mark your calendars for Nov. 11 & 12, and get your tickets here. See you there!