I had a wonderful time recently at Sip Wine Bar and Restaurant in Seattle.
- Great company: My long-lost friend Susan from Wines Northwest, whom I had only seen once since 1997 when I used to write about wine for KOIN-TV’s website in Portland.
- Great wine flight: Awesome 06 Fidelitas Cab (Washington) recommended by Diva Tink on Twitter, along with an 07 Zinfandel from Ridge Lytton Springs (Sonoma) and an amazing 06 Mollydooker The Boxer Shiraz from McLaren Vale in South Australia. To my surprise, the Mollydooker Shiraz knocked my socks off because I typically prefer Washington state Syrahs over the Australian varieties.
- Great food – Oh my, Ginger soup and Ahi poke – both were beyond delicious.
- Great service – Virginia was one of the best servers I’ve experienced in a long time. She knows her wines and answered every question we had (there were lots!), plus she was more than attentive, friendly as could be, and fun, too.
- Great atmosphere – Sip offers comfortable leather chairs, a relaxed wine bar and an ambiance that makes me want to go back.
Hope to see you there – and thank you Susan for recommending Sip Wine Bar and Restaurant in Seattle!