It’s Wine O’Clock Somewhere

6:37 pm Wine

FB Wine OclockIf you follow me on Twitter or on Facebook, or if you have a look at the Wine O’Clock tab on this blog, you will see that my motto is “It’s wine o’clock somewhere.”

It’s been my motto for about five or more years. In fact, you can also find this Write for Wine blog at http://wineoclock.us

I initially heard the phrase from Peter, a London friend and colleague. Every Friday, at 5:30 p.m. in London, Peter would tell me that it’s wine o’clock. In Seattle, it was the beginning of the day. So I decided to add “somewhere” to Peter’s phrase and adopted it as my own.

And the phrase “It’s wine o’clock somewhere” never fails to inspire creative responses from other wine enthusiasts on Facebook and Twitter.

One tweet – to my surprise and delight – flagged that a Wine O’Clock Wine Bar is in Prosser in central Washington. So of course we made a special trip to the Wine O’Clock Wine Bar when we visited Prosser at the end of September. Unfortunately, the wine bar was closed. But as you can see, we took photos by the sign!

So thank you, Peter, and cheers! It’s wine o’clock somewhere!

6 Responses
  1. Daniel Honigman :

Date: October 23, 2009 @ 10:44 am

I agree wholeheartedly with your point of view. (Or, your POV, as they say.)

I recently got Mollie’s mom a “Wine O’Clock” sign. I’m glad she didn’t misunderstand me.

I wish there were something clever to say about scotch.

2. James Moore :

Date: November 6, 2009 @ 1:07 pm

A good friend of mine is currently interning at a California (I know! but he couldn’t find an internship in Washington!) winery and he and I use the phrase “wine-thirty”. . . as in “it is wine-thirty! Time for some Pinot!”

3. writeforwine :

Date: November 7, 2009 @ 9:02 am

Daniel – Where did you find a wine o’clock sign? I would love to get some for branding!
    Cheers!
    Margot

4. writeforwine :

Date: November 7, 2009 @ 9:02 am

Hi James,
    That’s funny – I’ve heard of beer thirty, but not wine thirty. But it works just as well! Thanks for joining in the discussion!
    Cheers,
    Margot

5. seo :

Date: January 24, 2010 @ 7:40 pm

Hi, You have a Great Blog, I found your blog on google and read a few of your other posts. I just added you to my Google News Reader. Keep it up.

6. SEO Pune :

Date: June 3, 2010 @ 12:07 am

Hi, cheers! for this wine o’clock, Every Friday, at 5:30 p.m. in London its a wine o’ clock. But me every Sunday evening 6:00 pm I enjoyed to say my friends cheers! for this wine o’ clock. Thanks for this enjoying evening.