What a Picnic! Auction of Washington WinesAugust 16, 2009 10:23 am Wine
Despite the rain, we had an absolutely fabulous time at the Auction of Washington Wines Picnic. We tasted some stand-out wines, nibbled on delicious food, watched an incredible auction, saw old friends and met new ones. Best of all, benefits went to Uncompensated Care at Seattle Children’s Hospital and the Washington Wine Education Foundation.
- Stand-out wines (new to us): Milbrandt Vineyards Rose’ of Syrah; Goedhart Family Syrah; and Cole Solare
- Still favorites (we’ve tasted before): Boudreaux Cellars, DeLille Cellars, Dunham Cellars, Efeste Wines, Isenhower Cellars, Mark Ryan Winery, Nicholas Cole Cellars, Steven’s Winery, William Church Winery, and Woodhouse Family Cellars
- Delicious food: From steak to shrimp to Syrah sorbet, and dozens of cheeses and salads in between!
- Incredible auction: Auctioneer John Curley was amazing and hilarious, including his encouragement of a good battle for 107 Washington wines from Taste Washington (107 bottles!)
- Old friends: Efeste’s Brennon Leighton, Mark Ryan, Deb from Woodhouse Family Cellars and Twitter friend @chatrbox
- Twitter friends I finally met in person: @winebeerWA, @ksyrah, @colsolare, @DrinkWhatULike and @shona425
This event had it all – and I plan to be there next year! Hope to see you there, too.