Want to Know More About Washington Wine?March 30, 2009 7:56 am Wine
Taste Washington is the place to be this weekend to both learn about and taste the amazing wines that are produced in our great state. Most people have heard the buzz about the annual Grand Tasting Event, where you can choose pours from more than 200 wineries and tasty treats from 60 restaurants (on Sunday at Qwest Field Event Center). But Saturday is the day to go for seminars that are both educational and fun.
The seminars look so interesting that it’s difficult to choose which ones to attend! From 10:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., here is a sampling of seminars at Bell Harbor International Conference Center:
- Common Ground – A look at Klipsun Vineyard, one of Washington’s most established vineyards – including a taste of what everyone is talking about.
- Food & Wine Magazine’s Best New Chefs’ Best New Washington Wines
- Le Value Challenge
- Party Like It’s 1999!
- What Does Puget Sound Like?
- All in the Family (Family-owned wineries)
- Common Ground – Champoux Vineyard
- The Other Cabernet (Cab Franc)
- Winery-less Wines (wines produced in industrial parks, old airplane hangars and firehouses)
- Which One’s Washington?
Hope to see you there!