What’s going on …November 30, 2007 9:57 am Wine
Thursday, Nov. 29
- Join the 2ndÂ Annual Walla Walla Holiday Barrel Tasting Winemakers’ Fete at the MarcusÂ Whitman Hotel. Two of our favorite Walla Walla wineries, Forgeron Cellars and Pepper Bridge will join 18 other wineries hosting a special dinner–five courses with a special wine with each course prepared by Chef Bear. Cost is $150 per person.Â For reservations, call 509-526-3117.
- EB Foote Winery Holiday Open House: Sample new releases, Rainy Day Red IV, 2006 Zinfandel and 2006 Syrah, and tasty snacks Nov. 29-Dec. 2. There is no cost but times vary each day. Call 206-242-3852.
Saturday, Dec. 1 and Sunday, Dec. 2
Check out St. Nick’s Open House in Woodinville from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day. The wineries of Woodinville Wine Country open their doors for a single ticket price of $50. Some of the participating wineries are rarely open to the public, so don’t miss this opportunity! You’ll enjoy special tastings and specially prepared hors d’oeuvres to complement the wine. Check out Woodinville Wine Country’s Web site for a list of wineries and ticket information.
- Fall Line new release tastings: Fall Line, along with the other members of South Seattle Artisan Wineries â€” Cadence, :Nota Bene, and Oâ€¢S â€” will be open for wine tasting from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.Â on Dec. 1. This is a great opportunity for you and your friends to sample Fall Line’s newly released 2005 vintage wines…and take care of some of your holiday shopping.
- Raise your paws for a good cause at Vino Bello in Burien. Enjoy a Penfolds wine tasting. If you buy a bottle from the tasting list, your $5 tasting fee will be refunded. And, for every bottle of wine purchased, a donation will be made to Pasado’s Safe Haven, an animal rescure sanctuary in theÂ Cascade foothills.Â Â The tasting starts at noon until 8 p.m. Enjoy live blues-folk music featuring JD Hobson from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Walla Walla Holiday Barrel Tasting: Winemakers will be on hand as more than 50 wineries open their barrel rooms. Each winery offers a variety of different featuresÂ such asÂ food, music, art exhibits, wine dinners, cooking demonstrations, poetry readings and more. Want some help to decide how to plan your Barrel Tasting weekend? Walla Walla Wine News has some tipsÂ of “must-see” destinations with its insider report..
Wednesday, Dec. 5
Happy 5th anniversary to The Tasting Room! Come celebrate five fabulous years at Pike Place Market with special tastings from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. The Tasting Room winemakers will showcase their favorite wines for the evening. Snacks — cured meats and artisan cheeses — will be available for nibbling. Tickets are $15 per person, with a $10 credit applied to any wine purchases.Â RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-770-9463.
Saturday, Dec. 8
Vino BelloÂ offers a tasting full of gift ideas from noon until 8 p.m. Vino Bello has some great gift ideas and stocking stuffers for the wine lovers on your list. Silpada Jewelry is on sale too. Enjoy live folk music by Charlie Spring from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. ($10)Â
Tuesday, Dec. 11
Jazz at Columbia Winery, 6:30Â p.m. to 8:30 p.m.Â with Milo Petersen
Wednesday, Dec. 12
Chateau Ste. Michelle: An evening of wine and gourmet cheesesÂ from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Chateau Wine Shop. $20 at the door.Â
Sparkling Wines and Champagne: Before you celebrate the festive season, enjoy a bubbly evening with Wine educator Steve VernonÂ at Columbia Winery. $30 per person.
Friday, Dec. 14
Saturday, Dec. 15
Wines of South Africa at Vino BelloÂ from noon until 8 p.m. Come try a Petite Chenin, Pinotage, Shiraz and a Bordeaux-style blend. ($10) Enjoy live blues-folk music featuring JD Hobson from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Dec. 19
Â Meet all-star pitcher Jamie Moyer at The Local Vine, in Seattle’s Belltown neighborhood from 6 to 8 p.m. Jamie and ESPN analyst Digger Phelphs will be autographing wine bottles from more than 300 selections. Twenty-five percent of proceeds from wine bottle sales will be donated to The Moyer Foundation, a non-profit organization committed to helping children in distress.
Saturday, Dec.Â 22
Saturday, Dec.Â 29Â