What’s going on …September 19, 2007 4:58 pm Wine
Saturday, Sept. 22:
Don’t miss Taste of the HarvestÂ (formerly the annual Apple Harvest Festival) fromÂ 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. in downtown Wenatchee. The festival offers wine tastings from nine local wineries with food pairings from local restaurants.
Wines fromÂ France at Vino Bello fromÂ 4 p.m.Â to 7:00 p.m. $10 tasting fee. Call 206-244-VINO.
Welcome Alexandria Nicole Cellars and Darby CellarsÂ to Woodinville at the grand opening of their shared tasting room. Tasting and tapas starts at 4:30 p.m. for wine club members and 6 p.m. for the general public. 19501 144th Ave. NE.
Sunday, Sept. 30:
- Januik and Novelty Hill Wineries host “Fall Harvest” from NoonÂ to 3 p.m. with a fall cooking class, a cozy meal, a selection of wine from both wineries and a tour of the winery. Cost: $90 per person. Call 425-481-5502.
- Fall Harvest Wine Tasting, hosted by Precept Wine Brands, from 2 p.m.Â to 6 p.m. at Shilshole Bay Beach Club, 6413 Seaview Ave. NW. Cost is $5 and includes aÂ complimentary wine glass, wine tasting and light appetizers. RSVP by Sept. 24 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, Oct. 2 and Wednesday, Oct. 3
- Â Wilridge Winery’s popular Vintage Release Party returns again this year on these two nights–it’s the only time this winery is open to the public!Â Â Winemaker Paul Beveridge will be on hand to showcase his new wines and tell you all about his new vineyard near Yakima.Â 1416 34th AvenueÂ in Seattle.Â 206-850-2098.
Saturday, Oct. 6
- Don’t missÂ Â Alexandria Nicole CellarsÂ Puget Sound Wine Dinner in Prosser on Oct. 6. It sounds like a great event for $75 per personÂ â€“ starting at the tasting roomÂ at 11 a.m., moving on to a vineyard tour and cellar tasting, and then back to the tasting room for dinner.Â
Tuesday, Oct. 9
Jazz at Columbia Winery, 6:30Â p.m. to 8:30 p.m.Â with John Lilley Trio
Saturday, Nov. 10 and Sunday, Nov. 11
Taste of Red, Columbia Winery’s premier wine tasting and social event will be held from noon to 6 p.m. on both days. Taste an extensive collection of red wine, including wine pulled directly from the barrel. Samples of northwest food will also be available. Admission is $20 per person ($10 for Cellar Club members) and includes a logo tasting glass.
Tuesday, Nov. 13
Jazz at Columbia Winery, 6:30Â p.m. to 8:30 p.m.Â with Elsa Nilsson and Cody Rahn
- Â Grand Opening of Wilridge Vineyard Tasting Room near Yakima over Thanksgiving Weekend (November 23, 24 and 25). Be the first to visit Wilridge’s organic and biodynamic vineyard oasis and Tasting Room on the Naches Heights, five minutes west of Yakima.
Tuesday, Dec. 11
Jazz at Columbia Winery, 6:30Â p.m. to 8:30 p.m.Â with Milo Petersen