What’s going on …September 13, 2007 7:16 pm Wine
Saturday, Sept. 15:
- Grape to Glass Gala: The event, hosted by the new Vineyard and Winery Technology Program at Yakima Valley Community College, features wine tasting, hors d’oeuvres, live music and a wine seminar by Master Sommelier Angelo Tavernaro. Funds raised from the event will provide scholarships to students.Â Â Cost: $25 per person, from 6 p.m. toÂ 9 p.m.
- Wines from Spain at Vino Bello fromÂ 4 p.m.Â to 7 p.m. $10 tasting fee. Call 206-244-VINO.
- Alexandria Nicole CellarsÂ is celebrating the new harvest at its Destiny Ridge Estate Vineyard in Alderdale from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. Tickets are $35 for dinner and wine tastings. Call 509-786-3497.
Tuesday, Sept. 18:
Jazz at Columbia Winery, 6:30Â p.m. to 8:30 p.m.Â with Michael Owcharuk
Saturday, Sept. 22:
Don’t miss Taste of the HarvestÂ (formerly the annual Apple Harvest Festival) fromÂ 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. in downtown Wenatchee. The festival offers wine tastings from nine local wineries with food pairings from local restaurants.
Wines fromÂ France at Vino Bello fromÂ 4 p.m.Â to 7:00 p.m. $10 tasting fee. Call 206-244-VINO.
Welcome Alexandria Nicole Cellars and Darby CellarsÂ to Woodinville at the grand opening of their shared tasting room. Tasting and tapas starts at 4:30 p.m. for wine club members and 6 p.m. for the general public. 19501 144th Ave. NE.
Sunday, Sept. 30:
- Januik and Novelty Hill Wineries host “Fall Harvest” from NoonÂ to 3 p.m. with a fall cooking class, a cozy meal, a selection of wine from both wineries and a tour of the winery. Cost: $90 per person. Call 425-481-5502.
- Fall Harvest Wine Tasting, hosted by Precept Wine Brands, from 2 p.m.Â to 6 p.m. at Shilshole Bay Beach Club, 6413 Seaview Ave. NW. Cost is $5 and includes aÂ complimentary wine glass, wine tasting and light appetizers. RSVP by Sept. 24 to email@example.com
Saturday, Oct. 6
- Don’t missÂ Â Alexandria Nicole CellarsÂ Puget Sound Wine Dinner in Prosser on Oct. 6. It sounds like a great event for $75 per personÂ â€“ starting at the tasting roomÂ at 11 a.m., moving on to a vineyard tour and cellar tasting, and then back to the tasting room for dinner.Â
Tuesday, Oct. 9
Jazz at Columbia Winery, 6:30Â p.m. to 8:30 p.m.Â with John Lilley Trio
Tuesday, Nov. 13
Jazz at Columbia Winery, 6:30Â p.m. to 8:30 p.m.Â with Elsa Nilsson and Cody Rahn
Tuesday, Dec. 11
Jazz at Columbia Winery, 6:30Â p.m. to 8:30 p.m.Â with Milo Petersen