What’s going on …August 9, 2007 9:07 am Wine
What’s going on in Washington wine country?
Saturday Aug. 11-Sunday Aug. 12:
- Vino Bello’s Saturday tasting this week is from L’Ecole No. 41, which has been making fine wine in the Walla Walla valley since 1983! Tasting is from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. $10 tasting fee. Call 206-244-VINO.
South Seattle Artisan Wineries wine tastings: Aug. 11 is the second Saturday in the month, which means tastings from 1-5 p.m. at four wineries in Georgetown — including one of our favorites-Fall Line Winery. (You simply must try the 100% cab!) We also recently tasted some fine wines from the other three wineries: O-S Winery (formerly Owen-Sullivan), Cadence Winery and Nota Bene Cellars.
- Columbia Winery is having its annual case sale. Stock your cellar from the more than 750 cases selected of cellar-aged older vintages. These wines are discounted for one day only. Case Sale opens to the public at 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Saturday.
- 3rd Annual FETCH! Wine Tasting Walkabout Fundraiser: A fun-filled Saturday afternoon (1-4 p.m.) with wine, food and, of course, dogs at Buchanan Vineyard in Langley on Whidbey Island. Five different wines will be showcased, along with gourmet cheeses, breads, nuts, chocolate and fruit. And there will be dog treats and water bowls for the pups. $20 per person in advance; $25 per person at the door. FETCH! is a not-for-profit organization “that is devoted to promoting safe responsible off-leash play time for dogs and their owners.”
- Woodinville Wine Cellars hosts its Annual Summer Celebration and Gourmet BBQ on Sunday, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the winery. Enjoy wine, great food and the live music of “Little Sense.” Wine club members: $60; others $70.
- Silver Lake Winery in Zillah-Summer Music Series: From noon to 4 p.m. on Sundays in August in Zillah, enjoy live music on the lawn while sipping a glass of wine. Or you can try the salmon dinner for $10.
Wednesday Aug. 15:
- Join Columbia Winery‘s new Director of Winemaking, Kerry Norton at 6:30 p.m. at Il Fornaio Cucina Italiana for a winemaker dinner. Price: $45.00 per person (exclusive of tax and gratuity) 600 Pine Street in Seattle. 206-264-0994
Thursday Aug. 16-Saturday Aug. 18:
- The Roaring 20th Anniversary Celebration of Auction of Washington Wines: The celebration of Washington wines “that’s all the rage this year” starts with a picnic and barrel auction on Thursday and continues through Saturday’s gala auction and Peacock Ball. Register online. Or wineries and growers can call Lauren Shatz at 206-326-5750 or Carol Munro at 206-326-5747.
Friday Aug. 24:
- Rose and Ribs at Novelty Hill and Januik Winery. Try the new release Spring Run Rose and feast on Mike Januik’s barbeque ribs and some surprises from Chef Charles Walpole at 7 p.m. $85 per person.
Saturday Sept. 8:
- Basel Cellars 3rd Annual Stomp: For details, call 1-888-259-WINE or 509-522-0200 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any events to include in the weeks ahead, please contact email@example.com.