What’s going on this weekend and next monthJuly 26, 2007 9:35 am Wine
What’s going on in Washington wine country?
Â Saturday July 28:
- Summer Wine Gala: Nine wineries and twelveÂ chefs. Lush gardens and smooth jazz. Where? Ohme Gardens in Wenatchee from 5-8 p.m. $75 per person or $125 for couples. For more information, call: 509-663-3723.
- Vino Bello: A wine tasting of Pinot Noirs from around the world. 4-7 p.m. $5 For more information, call 206-244-VINO
- Des Voigne Cellars and Cuillin Hills Winery: An evening of wine tasting, appetizers and live music in support of Team “Lucky 13″ in its fundraising efforts for the Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk. Tickets are $20. For more information, phone 425-415-8466. Thirty percent of the evening’s wine sales and 100% of the proceeds from all ticket sales will be donated to fundraising benefiting Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
Friday Aug. 3 and Saturday Aug. 4:
- Summer Wine ReleaseÂ & Barrel Tasting Celebration: Stop by Lost River Winery’s Tasting Room in Winthrop to try two summer releases: 2005 Columbia Valley Nebbiolo ($22) and 2006 Rainshadow ($15).
Saturday Aug. 11:
- South Seattle Artisan WineriesÂ wine tastings: Aug. 11Â is the second Saturday in the month, which means tastings from 1-5 p.m. at four wineries in Georgetown — including one of our favorites-Fall Line Winery. (You simply must try the 100% cab!) We also recently tasted some fine wines from the other three wineries: O-S Winery (formerly Owen-Sullivan), Cadence Winery and Nota Bene Cellars.
- Columbia Winery is having its annual case sale. Stock your cellar from the more than 750 cases selected of cellar-aged older vintages. These wines are discounted for one day only. Case Sale opens to the public at 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- 3rd Annual FETCH! Wine Tasting Walkabout Fundraiser: A fun-filled afternoon (1-4 p.m.) with wine, food and, of course, dogs at Buchanan Vineyard in Langley on Whidbey Island. Five different wines will be showcased, along with gourmet cheeses, breads, nuts, chocolate and fruit. And there will be dog treats andÂ water bowls for the pups. $20 per person in advance; $25 per person at the door. FETCH! is a not-for-profit organization “that is devoted to promoting safe responsible off-leash play time for dogs and their owners.”
Wednesday Aug. 15
- Â Join Columbia Winery‘s new Director of Winemaking, Kerry Norton at 6:30 p.m. at Il Fornaio Cucina Italiana for a winemaker dinner. Price: $45.00 per person (exclusive of tax and gratuity) 600 Pine Street in Seattle. 206-264-0994
Thursday Aug. 16-Saturday Aug. 18:
- The Roaring 20th Anniversary Celebration of Auction of Washington Wines: The celebration of Washington wines “that’s all the rage this year” starts with a picnic and barrel auction on Thursday and continues through Saturday’s gala auction and Peacock Ball. Register online. Or wineries and growers can call Lauren Shatz at 206-326-5750Â or Carol Munro Â at 206-326-5747.
Saturday Sept. 8:
- Basel Cellars 3rd Annual Stomp: For details, call 1-888-259-WINE or 509-522-0200 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any events to include in the weeks ahead, please contact email@example.com.