What’s going on in Washington wine country?
Saturday July 21:
- Come celebrate at Vino Bello‘s first anniversaryÂ partyÂ in Burien. Join Washington state’s 2007 Sommelier of the year, Dave Coyle, a Burien local. Enjoy the superb wines fromÂ Â Fall Line WineryÂ and other South Seattle Artisan Wineries.Â Traditional barbeque and live music of J.D. Hobson. $25. 636 SW 152nd Street, Burien, Washington, 206-244-VINO.
- Silver Lake at Roza Hills -Zillah is having a beach party. The Bayou Boys play favorite oldies at 5 p.m. plus there’s a clam bake, burgers, hot dogs and of course, wine. (And there’s 25% off all “summer wines,” too.)Â When the sun sets, there’s an outdoorÂ screening of the 1965 movie classic, Â Beach Blanket Bingo.
- Seattle-based cookbook author and Northwest food expert Cynthia Nims will be signing books from her Northwest Homegrown Cookbook SeriesÂ at The TastingÂ RoomÂ at Pike Place Market in Seattle from 1 to 4 pm. For more information, call 206-770-WINE.
Sunday July 22:
- Blending seminar with Brian Carter of Brian Carter Cellars: Renowned Washington winemaker Brian Carter is holding a blending seminar at the Purple Cafe in Woodinville. Classes are from 12-2 p.m. and the $25 cost includes the seminar, a flight of wine and “a small bite” that is paired with each wine in the flight.
Saturday Aug. 11:
- South Seattle Artisan WineriesÂ wine tastings: Aug. 11Â is the second Saturday in the month, which means tastings from 1-5 p.m. at four wineries in Georgetown — including one of our favorites-Fall Line Winery. (You simply must try the cab!)
- Columbia Winery is having its annual case sale. Stock your cellar from the more than 750 cases selected of cellar-aged older vintages. These wines are discounted for one day only. Case Sale opens to the public at 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Wednesday Aug. 15
- Â Join Columbia Winery‘s new Director of Winemaking, Kerry Norton at 6:30 p.m. at Il Fornaio Cucina Italiana for a winemaker dinner. Price: $45.00 per person (exclusive of tax and gratuity) 600 Pine Street in Seattle. 206-264-0994
Thursday Aug. 16-Saturday Aug. 18:
- The Roaring 20th Anniversary Celebration of Auction of Washington Wines: The celebration of Washington wines “that’s all the rage this year” starts with a picnic and barrel auction on Thursday and continues through Saturday’s gala auction and Peacock Ball. Register online. Or wineries and growers can call Lauren Shatz at 206-326-5750Â or Carol Munro Â at 206-326-5747.
Saturday Sept. 8:
- Basel Cellars 3rd Annual Stomp: For details, call 1-888-259-WINE or 509-522-0200 or e-mail email@example.com
If you have any events to include in the weeks ahead, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.